Summer of Code/2014/bulletinboard
Sugar Bulletin Board
Bulletin Board is a project under Google Summer Of Code which aims at building an interface to promote interaction among users on an activity.
For detailed information refer the to link - http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2014/native/Bulletin_Board.
It is overlaid on any activity and is a spatially contextual chatting interface comprising of chat bubbles throughout the screen.
For detailed information about the project refer to Bulletin Board Proposal []
Instructions to setup on any Sugar Activity
- Clone the sugar toolkit gtk3 repo. - https://github.com/native93/sugar-toolkit-gtk3.
- Also in the sugar-artwork, include the icon hand1.svg and add it in the corresponding Makefile.
- Choose any activity on which you want the Bulletin Board to be overlaid. - Shown as an example for the Paint Activity - https://github.com/native93/Sugar-paint-activity.
- In the activity code base, search for the Activity class i.e, Class which inherits activity.Activity of sugar3. - OficinaActivity in case of Paint Activity
- Import BulletinBoard class from sugar toolkit - from sugar3.activity.widgets import BulletinBoard
- Initialize an object of the class say self.board - self.board = BulletinBoard(self).
- Insert self.board in the activity container (depends on activity) - refer to Paint Activity.
- Also insert all the buttons - self.board.box_button, self.board.share_button and self.board.button in order to end of the activity toolbar box.