Summer of Code/2016
Students: See our guide on how to participate in Google Summer of Code for more information.
In the table below is a list of projects potential participants might contribute to in the GSoC program.
- Note 0
- These are project ideas from Sugar Labs contributors. Students, feel free to propose your ideas as well.
- Note 1
- Potential mentors, please feel free to add ideas to this list. Also, feel free to add your name to a project you'd be willing to co-mentor.
- Note 2
- Potential students, more project ideas can be found on our Features page.
|Journal Rethink||Sam Parkinson||
|Groups Rethink||Sam Parkinson||
|Reflection Activity||Sam Parkinson and Walter Bender||
|Git backend||Martin Abente Lahaye and Walter Bender||
|Performance tuning on machines with limited memory||Samuel Greenfeld and James Cameron||
|Re-design collaboration with web technologies||Martin Abente Lahaye and Walter Bender||
|Beyond Flashcards: Programming to ReadJS||Walter Bender||
|Covert Record, Clock, Speak and Measure to gstreamer 1.0||<TBD>||
|Covert TamTam to Csound6||<TBD>||
|Music Widgets||Devin Ulibarri||
learning as well as overall user-experience for Music Blocks. The widgets are 1. Pitch-Staircase 2. Tempo 3. Rhythm Rulers, and 4. Free-Pitch Slider. Widgets will integrate with the current coding environment without disrupting the underlying language in any way (like the current pitch-time matrix).
blocks from their experiments.
Sugar Activities (and Ports)
These are existing and new activities we'd like to see enhanced. We expect that the activities will take on new UI features and pedagogical significance.
|Music Blocks Challenges||Devin Ulibarri||
|Nutritional Microworld||w/Dr. Jessica Early||
relevant tool—one that invites learners to explore fundamental concepts of nutrition that are both intrinsic to music yet transcendent of a specific discipline.
|Turtle Confusion/Flags JS||Walter Bender||
Deep dive into unit tests. We have a framework but it provides scant coverage for Sugar core and almost no coverage for Sugar activities.
- Summer of Code/2016/BeyondFlashcardsProgrammingtoReadJS
- Summer of Code/2016/GitBackend
- Summer of Code/2016/Journal Rethink
- Summer of Code/2016/LearnForFun
- Summer of Code/2016/MusicWidgets and MusicBlocksChallenges
- Summer of Code/2016/Nutritional Microworld
- Summer of Code/2016/Redesign and recreate Sugar Labs webappearance
- Summer of Code/2016/Redesign and recreate sugarlabs web appearance
- Summer of Code/2016/Redesign and recreate suugarlabs web appearance
- Summer of Code/2016/SugarJournalSaveOption UtkarshT
- Summer of Code/2016/SugarLabs Websites Redesign
- Summer of Code/2016/Sugar Journal backup and restore
- Summer of Code/2016/SugarizerActivitySet
- Summer of Code/2016/SugarizerOS
- Summer of Code/2016/Sugarizer Activity Set
- Summer of Code/2016/Sugarizer OS
- Summer of Code/2016/Sugarizer Server Dashboard
- Summer of Code/2016/TeachingKidstoCode
- Summer of Code/2016/TurtleConfusion FlagJS
- Summer of Code/2016/Turtle Confusion/Flags JS
- Summer of Code/2016/beyondFlashCards