Talk:Sugar Creation Kit
Split Sugar Creation Kit page
This project page has grown to encompass far more than its original scope. Many find this single page overwhelming for such a broad scope. The embedded navigation (outside of the table of contents, such as for the tutorials) adds to the complexity.
- the extra information is good to have,
- and it needs to be integrated into the wiki.
It is recommended that the authors spend considerable time breaking out (and refreshing) sections of information into separate wiki pages (usually not under the Sugar Creation Kit hierarchy) so that the main project page serves as an annotated index to the other primary pages.
- For example, the tutorial pages should stand on their own (where the special navigation links may be explored as tools for convenient reading).
- Others may have more suggestions for sections or topics to split off from this main page, and could offer them by adding to this listing. --FGrose 16:59, 17 May
- Quote, FGrose, "usually not under the Sugar Creation Kit hierarchy". Is it unreasonable to increase the heirarchy?
- In order for Sugar Creation Kit to remain an accessible source of all types of Sugar image files, we might group these sub pages under [Sugar Creation Kit/Sources].
- An aspect of Sugar Creation Kit is the testing function. The classification [Sugar Creation Kit/Testing] might invite contributions, while pages in this section would be more easily recognised as expired as time goes by.
- Is there a call for (or is there a link-to-similar) Sugar Creation Kit/Statement of purpose? --Inkyfingers 09:31, 10 June 2012 (EDT)
- YES:--Satellit 09:41, 10 June 2012 (EDT)
"Use to Download the elements you need and burn to your own DVD to save Downloading all of the above SCK DVD.iso" Look below to the References section to see how to then convert your customized DVD to an .iso 
Test Sub-Pages to use for splitting this page
- Comments appreciated; work in progress --Satellit 20:14, 9 June 2012 (EDT)
- Plan is to Link to these pages and remove this content from this page.
- That's a good start (see the comments on each of the new talk pages). When these are done, you should have ideas for more splitting. --FGrose 21:03, 9 June 2012 (EDT)
- Look at this preliminary wiki page (not completed)http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit/sck/SCK-2--Satellit 12:15, 10 June 2012 (EDT)
I notice that this page and two others have been added to Sugar on a Stick/Project sitemap#Other Primary or "Front of House" Pages. That page should be for Sugar on a Stick pages only.
Perhaps we could collaborate on producing Sugar Creation Kit/Project sitemap with the intention of flagging up front of house pages, and exploring the nature of other pages. --Inkyfingers 08:10, 21 January 2012 (EST)
- http://download.sugarlabs.org/images/ASLOxo6.2-Contents.txt] ASLOxo-6-2 Contents Listing of Activities on DVD
- placed here until corrected--Satellit 09:14, 21 January 2012 (EST)
- click above link ^ to download (1.1GB)
- This DVD.iso is a great way to "SneakerNet" distribute this VM Appliance
- Revised 03/02/2011 to remove sugar identity
- Contents of DVD:
- Instructions and .vmdk/.ovf files to import
32bit-VirtualBox Installers (OSE) (Directory with install files for VirtualBox 4.0.4) (Does not include Free for Personal Use licensed extension pack) - includes instructions on how to download for personal use. ReadMeFirst_Install_Instructions.pdf (Instructions-how to install VirtualBox and import appliance) trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18.ovf trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18-disk1.vmdk UserManual.pdf (VirtualBox 4.0.4 User Manual-269 pages)
- Cleared of Sugar Learner identity. Starts on color selection screen (Click the <===(back) button to change the Learner name.)
- stored here - removed from SCK --Satellit 14:04, 21 January 2012 (EST)