Talk:Sugar Creation Kit
Split Sugar Creation Kit page
This project page has grown to encompass far more than its original scope. Many find this single page overwhelming for such a broad scope. The embedded navigation (outside of the table of contents, such as for the tutorials) adds to the complexity.
- the extra information is good to have,
- and it needs to be integrated into the wiki.
It is recommended that the authors spend considerable time breaking out (and refreshing) sections of information into separate wiki pages (usually not under the Sugar Creation Kit hierarchy) so that the main project page serves as an annotated index to the other primary pages.
- For example, the tutorial pages should stand on their own (where the special navigation links may be explored as tools for convenient reading).
- Others may have more suggestions for sections or topics to split off from this main page, and could offer them by adding to this listing. --FGrose 16:59, 17 May
I notice that this page and two others have been added to Sugar on a Stick/Project sitemap#Other Primary or "Front of House" Pages. That page should be for Sugar on a Stick pages only.
Perhaps we could collaborate on producing Sugar Creation Kit/Project sitemap with the intention of flagging up front of house pages, and exploring the nature of other pages. --Inkyfingers 08:10, 21 January 2012 (EST)
- http://download.sugarlabs.org/images/ASLOxo6.2-Contents.txt] ASLOxo-6-2 Contents Listing of Activities on DVD
- placed here until corrected--Satellit 09:14, 21 January 2012 (EST)
- click above link ^ to download (1.1GB)
- This DVD.iso is a great way to "SneakerNet" distribute this VM Appliance
- Revised 03/02/2011 to remove sugar identity
- Contents of DVD:
- Instructions and .vmdk/.ovf files to import
32bit-VirtualBox Installers (OSE) (Directory with install files for VirtualBox 4.0.4) (Does not include Free for Personal Use licensed extension pack) - includes instructions on how to download for personal use. ReadMeFirst_Install_Instructions.pdf (Instructions-how to install VirtualBox and import appliance) trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18.ovf trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18-disk1.vmdk UserManual.pdf (VirtualBox 4.0.4 User Manual-269 pages)
- Cleared of Sugar Learner identity. Starts on color selection screen (Click the <===(back) button to change the Learner name.)
- stored here - removed from SCK --Satellit 14:04, 21 January 2012 (EST)