Enable users and developers to use Sugar and Sugar Labs services regardless of their native tongue.
Welcome to the Translation Team
Welcome to the Sugar Labs Translation, Localization and Internationalization Team.
The goal of the Sugar Labs translation team is to make Sugar available in as many languages as possible at the highest quality.
We work on a number of translation related projects
- Localizing the Sugar Learning Platform
- Localizing Sugar Activities
- Translating the Sugar Documentation
- Translating the Sugar Labs wiki
- Other translation and localization needs of Sugar Labs
The sugar Learning platform and Sugar Activities are localized at http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ . Please see http://translate.sugarlabs.org/doc/en/index.html for for information specific to our pootle server and our localization work flow.
The Sugar Documentation is written partnership with FLOSS Manual at http://en.flossmanuals.net/ . Translation of the documentation is done in cooperation with ?????
While Sugar translations are open to everyone to contribute, Sugar Lanuage teams act as quality assurance team. There is one lanuage team appointed to each language. Language team often work closely with Sugar Local Labs.
Below is a list of activities associated to Ubuntu localization teams:
* Check and review the work of translators * Help new translators with feedback and guidance * Check the translation inclusion into pootle and report problems developers. * Keep in touch with people from other translation projects (upstream project) and syncronize the translation work, assure same translations is not made twice * Keep in touch with other Sugar Language teams and help establish new Sugar Language teams, exchange best practices with other teams
Resources for Translators
All UI translations for sugar packages are made available for translations using pootle.
Please tag related bug using "i18n" or "l10n".
Resources for maintainers
- Translation Team/Add language
- Translation Team/Administration QuickStart
- Translation Team/Clock-activity
- Translation Team/Contacts
- Translation Team/Coordinator
- Translation Team/FAQ
- Translation Team/Getting Involved
- Translation Team/ISO 639
- Translation Team/Language Setup
- Translation Team/Locales
- Translation Team/Localization testing
- Translation Team/Meetings
- Translation Team/Mission
- Translation Team/Pootle Administration
- Translation Team/Pootle Alternative Language
- Translation Team/Pootle Lengua Alternativa
- Translation Team/Pootle Projects
- Translation Team/Pootle Projects/Repositories
- Translation Team/Resources
- Translation Team/Roadmap
- Translation Team/TODO
- Translation Team/Upstream localization
- Translation Team/Wiki Translation
- Translation Team/Wiki Translation/lang-es
- Translation Team/Wiki Translation/lang-fr
- Translation Team/Workflow
- Translation Team/i18n Best Practices