Tutorials/Installation/Install with liveinst
Jump to navigation Jump to search
F16 liveinst Sugar-Desktop
- Sugar can be installed from a Sugar-on s Stick Booted live CD
- This tutorial is set up for a 4 GB USB-Stick or VirtualBox 4 GB Hard Disk install.
- see custom layout screens below
- Burn and Boot CD
- First Screen that appears when boot is done.
- Name and colors screens set the individual ssh ID for the user and only run one time.
- (Enter Name you want to use)
- Chose colors for your Avitar XO
- Click on XO to change colors - repeat to change again
- click (done) when you are happy with
- Sugar starts at the (f3) Home screen
- Terminal application is selected
- Click on [#_] Become Root
- enter the command "liveinst" which starts the Anaconda installer
Type of Install
- choose basic storage devices
- Hostname selection
- Timezone selection
- Enter twice
- You MUST SELECT THIS OPTION
- select edit /sda
- Create bios boot 2mb /ext4 2500 swap 500
- f16 (and later) require a bios boot partition
Copying to Hard Drive
- Shut Down the Computer
- Reboot from the USB or VirtualBox Hard Drive.
- On reboot you will enter "firstboot" to register yourself and your colors
- This is similar to the name and color screens when the Live CD first booted.