The end of poverty through education, communication, and sustainable commerce
Fill in gaps in the OLPC mission, including
- Electricity for even the poorest and most remote villages
- Broadband Internet
- Creating textbooks
- Free computers running Sugar, two per child, where OLPC XOs are not available (One at school, one at home)
- Link schools around the world
- Teaching children to do business together.
- Teaching the genuine free market, not the nonsense in which corporations get to go freely into any country, but people don't
- Demonstrating the XO to anybody who should get involved with OLPC and Sugar Labs
- Going viral
- Telling everyone how they can participate. We have 101 Things To Do.
What is not in the OLPC mission?
OLPC has decided to focus its attention on creating and delivering the laptop hardware, while Sugar Labs concentrates on extending and improving Sugar education software, and making it available on other platforms.
Earth Treasury has decided to tackle all of the remaining issues.
- Electricity for schools in remote villages
- Internet access for schools in remote villages
- Communication between schools and with the wider world
- A Business curriculum
- Mokurai/Village governance
- Economic development in general, including microfinance and job creation for students and graduates
There are also issues nominally in scope that OLPC management has neglected. This includes
There is a plan to move these to the Earth Treasury Wiki.