exe icon changer serial frida kahlo biography eroticvideos cellular ringtone nextel ringtone best cool ringtone com iditarod cleaning services leos blue book movie accident car caught video akvis enhancer crack cheap prepaid calls wallgreen drug first spanking online order taking napili condo rentals jobs for teens kingwood college pharmacy technology really fat woman http emery video yoshikawa andrew bynum against booklet drug stand take discount projectors picture of the movie wild things gunz titts young outlook spam filter serial movie royalty url skintight united state vs eichman iron cage of bureaucracy free pre teen galleries bicycle nude portal hosting mente siniestra movie top the apprentice theme ankeny realtor iwatermark serial norco california sitemap gone in 60 seconds soundtrack biosilk pharmacy companies in india reggae videos online lsu football tickets pool table cost slim line cd adam ant goody two shoes video soft core photo Earth Treasury has no corporate connection with OLPC, the maker of the $100 Laptop, or with Sugar Labs. Sugar Labs just lets us use their Wiki.--Mokurai 18:28, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
The end of poverty through education, communication, and sustainable commerce
Fill in gaps in the OLPC mission, including
- Electricity for even the poorest and most remote villages
- Broadband Internet
- Creating textbooks
- Free computers running Sugar, two per child, where OLPC XOs are not available (One at school, one at home)
- Link schools around the world
- Teaching children to do business together.
- Teaching the genuine free market, not the nonsense in which corporations get to go freely into any country, but people don't
- Demonstrating the XO to anybody who should get involved with OLPC and Sugar Labs
- Going viral
- Telling everyone how they can participate. We have 101 Things To Do.
What is not in the OLPC mission?
OLPC has decided to focus its attention on creating and delivering the laptop hardware, while Sugar Labs concentrates on extending and improving Sugar education software, and making it available on other platforms.
Earth Treasury has decided to tackle all of the remaining issues.
- Electricity for schools in remote villages
- Internet access for schools in remote villages
- Communication between schools and with the wider world
- A Business curriculum
- Mokurai/Village governance
- Economic development in general, including microfinance and job creation for students and graduates
There are also issues nominally in scope that OLPC management has neglected. This includes
- Teacher training
- Organizing Localization projects in a timely manner whenever a country or language group becomes a likely target for deployment
- Evaluation of laptop education programs, and comparisons between different laptops and software ("bake-offs")
- Publishing research results
There is a plan to move these to the Earth Treasury Wiki.