I've worked for Plan Ceibal in Uruguay since it began, in some official and some unofficial activities.
I think I have a comprehensive field look on how Sugar is used in schools and how developers communities can contribute. Part of my experience is documented in the blog: proyecto-ceibal.blogspot.com; some of its articles have been translated by volunteers in olpc-ceibal.blogspot.com.
I've worked on some projects related to Plan Ceibal and the 1:1 educational model:
- Proyecto Flor de Ceibo with Universidad de la República.
- ILATIS (Social Impact of 1:1 projects in Latin America and the Caribbean) with Fundación DESEM, within an international research team supported by IDRC-CRDI.
- Founding member of ceibalJAM!, a community of free educational software developers in Uruguay.
- Compiled and produced in 2008 the book "Ceibal en la sociedad del siglo XXI", which can be downloaded here.
- Currently completing a book compilation for UNESCO, on the social mobilization caused by one computer per child projects