Wiki Team/Guide/Editing Pages
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to create a new page
This is covered on a separate page: Wiki Team/Guide/Page Creation
How to edit an existing page
- To edit an existing page, visit the page and click on the edit tab at the top of the page. The text of the page will show up in a large text entry window.
- Make whatever changes or additions you need.
- Enter a description of what you've done in the "Summary:" box.
- Use Show preview to see your changes before they are saved. Repeat as necessary until you get it right.
- Press Save page when done.
How to edit one section
- Each section has it's own "" link preceding the section title (or at the far right of the page, depending on your 'skin' preference setting). Simply click on that link to edit only that one section.
Suggestions and Hints
- If you have lots of text to add or changes to make, do it in steps, saving after each step.
- Don't forget to Save page when you are done previewing. (It can be too easy to forget this!)
- The Editing help link at the bottom of the page will give you a quick summary of how to edit, with links to more detailed references, and this will be in a new window or tab.
- If things really get messed up, there is a Cancel link at the bottom of the editing page.