Difference between revisions of "Wiki Team/Resources"
m (Protected "Wiki Team/Resources": High traffic page: vandal move protection measure ([move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 19:53, 24 February 2010
Finding answers to help
For general help with Sugar, please see
→ Sugar Labs FAQ, for a compilation of the team FAQs
→ Category:FAQ - an index to all FAQ pages (with links for new questions)
→ Category:Help, for pages tagged as 'Help'
→ Category:HowTo, for pages tagged as 'HowTo'
→ Community Forums - on-line forums with lots of topics
If you can't find your answer, please request one or supply one!
OLPC Project Help and Information
For general help and information about the OLPC Project, please see these links at their wiki:
- Official OLPC FAQ, OLPC:Support FAQ, for questions about the XO laptop and its use, OLPC:Support, for more support mechanisms, OLPC::Category:OLPC FAQ, and Ask OLPC a Question (in roughly that order).
Sugar Labs Wiki Guide
The Sugar Labs wiki is a standard installation of Media Wiki software for collaborative website building.
- Recentchanges, a Special:Specialpages that tracks page changes.
- Allpages, another Special page.
- Overview - A generic wiki overview
- Page Creation - Guidance on creating pages on this wiki
- Style Guide - Writing style and conventions that are encouraged on the wiki
- Wiki Structure - Sugar Labs wiki organization
- Editing Pages
- Category:PageFlaggingTemplate - Review for possible use
- Interwiki Linking
- Patrolled Edits
- Namespace searching through AllPages
- Wiki Team/Guide
- Wiki Team/Guide/Allpages
- Wiki Team/Guide/Categories
- Wiki Team/Guide/Citations
- Wiki Team/Guide/Collapsible content
- Wiki Team/Guide/Editing Pages
- Wiki Team/Guide/File Upload
- Wiki Team/Guide/Formatting
- Wiki Team/Guide/Images
- Wiki Team/Guide/Interwiki Linking
- Wiki Team/Guide/Links
- Wiki Team/Guide/Navigation
- Wiki Team/Guide/Overview
- Wiki Team/Guide/Page Creation
- Wiki Team/Guide/Page Deprecation
- Wiki Team/Guide/Patrolled Edits
- Wiki Team/Guide/Recentchanges
- Wiki Team/Guide/Redirect
- Wiki Team/Guide/Rollback
- Wiki Team/Guide/Searching
- Wiki Team/Guide/Style Guide
- Wiki Team/Guide/Talkpages
- Wiki Team/Guide/User Links
- Wiki Team/Guide/Watchlist
- Wiki Team/Guide/Wiki Structure
- Create documented process for requesting sysop priv, for now model on OLPC:Administrators
Administrative privs are generally granted based on a need to use them to do "something good" for the wiki. At present, this is accomplished in a fairly informal manner, leaving a message on the discussion page or contacting one or more bureaucrats via wiki-mail would be a good place to start.
The best way to get involved in the wiki team is to monitor new content as it is added through the Recent Changes link in the Sugar Labs menu. Check to see:
- Is the new information correct?
- Is the new information in the correct place?
- Should the new information be merged with an existing page?
- add svg upload support
- Wiki-barnraising, harmonization of familiar and useful templates, plug-ins, extensions (e.g. traclink,etc.) from OLPC wiki.
- InterWiki Map, at least to OLPC Wiki. Laptop: --> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/$1
- It would be good to get some countervandalism software (bot) running. User:Cjl has done some analysis of the vandalism (and countervandalism) actions on wiki.l.o and is interested in coordinating an effort that would cover both wikis with some automated countervandalism tools
Synchronize plug ins and templates
- Trac related
- Semantic MediaWiki
Other Community Wikis
Example of how other communities are using their Wikis.