Sucrose 0.87.3 Release Notes
This is the third development release in the 0.88 release cycle - see the 0.88/Roadmap#Schedule for more details.
Thanks everyone for your great contributions!
There are no known compatibility issues, as of today.
Update to this version
Please use the instructions for your distribution (SoaS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian etc) of choice to upgrade to this release. Note that it may take a while until the release is packaged for each distribution. Please stay tuned for distribution specific announcements and watch out for updates at Get Sugar.
- sugar-datastore 0.87.2
- sugar-artwork 0.87.1
- sugar-presence-service 0.87.1
- etoys 4.0.2339
- Etoys 113
- hulahop 0.7.1
- shell breaks if system bus cannot be accessed #1403
- sugar-emulator: kill X server on exit #1440
- move ~/.i18n parsing from sugar-emulator to sugar #1441
- can't create ad-hoc network when name is 7+ characters #1604
- Sascha Silbe: locate rainbow using PATH instead of hardcoding the location #1436
- Sascha Silbe: don't use rainbow if it has been uninstalled, but the config file remains #1317 Some distros retain config files after removing packages, so /etc/olpc-security might exist even if rainbow is not installed.
- Daniel Drake: Apply activity font settings earlier #1607 Fixes some minor changes in toolbar appearance that my previous work unintentionally introduced.
- sugar.logger.trace(): lots of debug output (silbe)
What is new for packagers
cjson -> simplejson: Sugar moved back to use simplejson instead of cjson. cjson has a big bug dealing with slashes, this is a significant long-term bug and upstream has not been responsive other than acknowledging it. This bug breaks journal entry bundles #1553.