This page displays how the teacher can interact with Blocku and what features are available to the teacher.
The teacher here would set all of these preferences and then share the activity, then they can look at statistics based on the class. The main basis here would be time but also an error rate should be tracked along with this data.
Available Features In The Future
- Can set difficulty
- Can set grid size
- Can set the set of numbers
- Can set the operators used
- Can use classroom mode
A socratic/dialectic teaching method is the most preferred teaching method when teaching with Blocku
Blocku is able to assist in teaching the following educational standards:
- 4.N.2 - Represent, order, and compare large numbers (to at least 100,000) using various forms, including expanded notation, e.g., 853 = 8 x 100 + 5 x 10 + 3.
- 4.N.3 - Demonstrate an understanding of fractions as parts of unit wholes, as parts of a collection, and as locations on the number line.
- 4.N.8 - Select, use, and explain various meanings and models of multiplication and division of whole numbers. Understand and use the inverse relationship between the two operations.
- 4.N.9 - Select, use, and explain the commutative, associative, and identity properties of operations on whole numbers in problem situations, e.g., 37 x 46 = 46 x 37, (5 x 7) x 2 = 5 x (7 x 2).
- 4.N.11 - Know multiplication facts through 12 x 12 and related division facts. Use these facts to solve related multiplication problems and compute related problems, e.g., 3 x 5 is related to 30 x 50, 300 x 5, and 30 x 500.
- 4.N.12 - Add and subtract (up to five-digit numbers) and multiply (up to three digits by two digits) accurately and efficiently.