Rishabh Thaney has made builds for Raspberry Pi using Debian;
- GSoC 2017 Project Ideas by Sugar Labs,
- GSoC 2017 Proposal by Rishabh, and;
- GSoC 2017 Blog by Rishabh.
Starts at color gender age home view as user "pi", wireless works; showing ad-hoc and wireless Access points.
Home View (F3 key) screenshot:
Does not auto-mount an inserted USB.
This was reproduced on Debian stretch platform which was set up in an schroot shell on Ubuntu.
Set up a schroot environment like this:
- Install the schroot and debootstrap packages,
sudo apt install schroot debootstrap
- Create the stretch filesystem,
sudo mkdir -p /srv/chroot/stretch sudo debootstrap stretch /srv/chroot/stretch
- Make a file /etc/schroot/chroot.d/stretch,
[stretch] type=directory personality=linux directory=/srv/chroot/stretch
- Log into your schroot shell from the terminal,
sudo schroot -c stretch
See https://wiki.debian.org/Schroot for alternate methods.
Setup the builder within the schroot shell like this;
- Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/sugarlabs/rpi23-gen-image
- Install dependencies by going through the README.md file and executing the commands described,
- Change your directory to the cloned repo and run this command to start the building process:
This takes some time as the scripts start downloading and configuring packages to build an image.
- Once the process is complete in the terminal, navigate to this directory:
to find the image that was built.
Some changes have been made to the original repo: https://github.com/drtyhlpr/rpi23-gen-image which can be viewed in the commit history.