The Dashboard is available as an activity and could be integrated into Sugar desktop's Journal feature. The Dashboard gives the user insight of their activity.
- Name: Hrishi Patel
- Email: Hrishi Patel <email@example.com>
- Last updated: 30th August 2019
- Percentage of completion: 90%
- The Dashboard shows the following three things on the top:
- Total Activities Installed: Shows the number of activities the user has installed on their system.
- Number of Journal Entries: Shows the number of Journal entries.
- Total Files: Shows the total number of files present in the Journal.
- Shows recent journal entries in a TreeView, users can sort it to show latest Journal entries, show only files or show the oldest journal entries.
- A pie-chart which shows which activity is used the most.
- A GitHub styled heatmap which shows user's activity throughout the year. On clicking a day, it will show journal entries from that day.
Benefit to Sugar
This feature provides the user to have a better track of their activities when using Sugar. The user can check their activities on a particular day of the year, can see files generated by them and keep a track of their system. The feature can be integrated with Journal.
What work do the developers have to accomplish to complete the feature in time for release? Is it a large change affecting many parts of the distribution or is it a very isolated change? What are those changes?
- Review my pull request and commits for the changes I make.
- documentation changes.
- testing the feature as I make changes.
How To Test
None necessary, revert to previous release behavior.
See PR #851 at https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/851
Dashboard activity is available. https://github.com/sugarlabs/Dashboard.activity The integration of Dashboard to Journal is in the works.
Comments and Discussion
- Link to the discussion on lists.sugarlabs.org:
https://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg45977.html, https://email@example.com/msg46097.html, https://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg45992.html, https://email@example.com/msg46013.html, https://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg46066.html,