Features/Server Objects Sharing
Share sugar datastore (Journal) objects on a standalone server.
The main purpose is having one place to share users Journal objects like  does for Scratch community (that doesn't exclude possibility of having storages for local community needs), i.e., having something similar to Activity Library but for Journal objects. ,
- Targeted release: 0.86
- Last updated: Thu Jul 9 01:37:37 UTC 2009
- Percentage of completion: 0%
Let users store sugar objects on standalone server. So, users can share theirs objects for broad audience.
The idea is keeping this feature as simple as possible from Shell point of view.
- Utilize Browse for browsing/download/upload (?)
- Minimal changes in Shell or even nothing (use Browse in all cases)
- Server should return object bundle if web client is Browse and plain Journal entries otherwise (for non-sugar users)
Benefit to Sugar
Storing objects on a server, user shouldn't be online all time to share objects for other users. Users can treat server as a standalone additional storage as well.
- depends on Features/Object Bundles
- Choose/adapt web framework
How To Test
- Create a new Turtle Art activity
- Upload the new entry to the SL wiki using Browse
- Use Browse to download the entry back to Journal
- Resume it from Journal
This should ideally work for all Activities, then folks can actually start creating and distributing content/activities directly using Sugar, for other Sugar users.
None necessary, revert to previous release behaviour.