Features/Sugar Activity Library on a Stick
140 plus activity.xo files to download and copy to a USB stick. The stick is used to install these application.xo files, by drag-drop to the Journal of a running Soas USB or CD
This should link to your home wiki page so we know who you are
- Name: Tom Gilliard
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: (Soas-v4)
- Last updated: (06/21/2010)
- Percentage of completion: 100%
- added to Features submitted for review 06/22/2010
- Revised version: http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/ASLOxo-3ss.iso 06/27/2010
- 140 plus activity.xo files to download and copy to a USB stick. The stick is used to install these application.xo files, by drag-drop to the Journal of a running Soas USB or CD
- Includes a Open Office Spreadsheet for a key to Compatible Applications for different versions of Soas.
Benefit to Sugar
- Allows sneaker-net installs and installs behind firewalls in schools.
- Saves Multiple Downloads of Applications.
- Can add and remove activities on demand without web connectivity.
- Use and pass on the stick, locally.
Already in existence. just has to be updated as new Applications and versions are made available on ASLO.
How To Test
- On your PC:
- Download ASLOxo.iso from http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/ASLOxo-2+ss.tar.bz2
- transfer the contents of the extracted folder to 2nd 1GB USB ASLOxo stick
- Boot a Soas USB or a running Soas CD
- insert ASLOxo USB into a USB slot, wait for it to mount.
- select journal on top of sugar's frame.
- drop down to bottom left corner of screen, the frame will retract and show 2 USB Icons.
- select the 2nd (right) USB (ASLOxo)
- drag-drop the desired application.xo (hold down the left button and drag the entry) from the listing into the sugar-journal on the bottom (left USB icon) corner of the monitor.
- OR double click on application.xo in the list of the ASLOxo USB.
- The Application
- should start normally.
- shut down normally
- Collaborate if that is a feature
- resume from the saved journal
- All behavior should be identical to a download in Browse from Activities (ASLO)
- Faster Installs, easy customization of Applications on Soas USB
None Needed already implemented