| The whole software within the Harmonic Distribution is structured as:
This is a 3rd party repository with Base Software packages built against all supported platforms. These packages are being built on Sugar Labs instance of Open Build Service and formed in several projects:
Contains all supported platforms as OBS repositories and system packages for upstream projects (not Base software) that are not well packages in supported platforms.
OBS project with development packages that are intended for testing only.
Stable STS/LTS releases of Harmonic Distribution.
- Stable Sucrose releases patched to include Harmonic Distribution specific features.
- sugar-stats library to gather Sugar usage statistics.
- Desktop project.
- Server project.
For detailed information, see Server Kit's home page.
Sugar Doers Kit (SDK) is a set of tools and libraries to help people code in Sugar.
- Sweets, Zero Install based Package Management System for Sugar.
- sugar-lint, utility to lint various source files.
- gatch, support long or ever standing, all time being on top, downstream patchset for the base branch in a Git repository.
- Sugar via Sweets, several Sucrose versions via Sweets.
- SDK project.
- Network project.
Distribution via Sugar Network
The high-level overview is looks like:
- software creators
upload source bundles to the Sugar Network; only sources, even if it is binary based activities;
- Sugar Network
if uploaded software needs building, it will send it to OBS;
- on users side
Sweets library will:
- read Sugar Network to find out information about implementations of software that user requested to launch;
- according to the local environment, it will download proper implementation;
- if there is no proper binary implementation, it will download sources and will build them in local environment.