How to run a meeting
You can see examples of past meetings at Sugar on a Stick meetings#Minutes.
Make an agenda
Announce the meeting
Run the meeting
Show up on IRC a few minutes early, announce the meeting (say something in-channel like "the meeting is starting in N minutes!") in both the meeting channel and #sugar, and then start the meeting with the #startmeeting command (just type that into the channel).
To end the meeting, use the #endmeeting command. (Again, just type that into the channel.)
Publish the meeting notes
Once you #endmeeting, the meeting bot will spew out some stuff that looks like this:
21:01 -!- meeting changed the topic of #sugar-meeting to: <OLD TOPIC> 21:01 < meeting> Meeting ended <DATETIME>. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . 21:01 < meeting> Minutes: <LINK> 21:01 < meeting> Minutes (text): <LINK> 21:01 < meeting> Log: <LINK>
In other words, the meeting bot:
- changes the channel topic back to whatever it was before the meeting
- announces that the meeting has ended
- creates links to the minutes (in html), the minutes in text, and the full IRC log.
Here's what you have to do:
- Take one of the "Minutes" links and add it to the list of meeting minutes at Sugar on a Stick meetings#Minutes.
- Email the soas list with the link to the meeting minutes and a copy-paste of the text minutes. A template can be found at #Meeting notes to the soas list; it's taken from this email as an example.
- That's it! You're done!
Subject: Sugar on a Stick weekly meeting, DATE/TIME in CHANNEL
Details and agenda at Sugar on a Stick meetings.
See you folks there!
Meeting notes to the soas list
Thanks to everyone who came to the meeting!
Minutes are at Link to the text version of the meeting minutes (zodbot-generated) and the full log is available at fedora:Marketing_meetings#IRC_meetings_archives.
List 1 or 2 big decisions or high-level points (jokes are ok!) that happened during the meeting, to get people to read the minutes and logs.
Copy-paste the text version of the meeting minutes (meeting-bot-generated) here.
Improve these instructions!
If you see a way to improve these instructoins, please go ahead and edit the page - you don't need to ask for anyone's permission.