Oversight Board/Meeting Minutes-2020-07-22
- 1 Minutes for SLOBs Meeting
- 1.1 Vote on Prior Meeting Minutes
- 1.2 Report from project representative (Conservancy liaison)
- 1.3 Reports from Ombudsman
- 1.4 Any reports from project teams, Google Summer of Code
- 1.5 Devin and Caryl 1023 Job Report
- 1.6 James and Ibiam Sugar Activity Job Report
- 1.7 Each One Teach One
- 1.8 GSoC Feature Share
- 1.9 Vote on Today's Meeting Minutes
- 1.10 Time and Place of Next Meeting
- 1.11 Closing
Minutes for SLOBs Meeting
2020-07-22 at 20:00 UTC
Attendance: Devin, Lionel, Ibiam, James, Walter, Samson (Alex excused himself beforehand.)
Vote on Prior Meeting Minutes
Minutes Approved unanimously after some final edits.
Report from project representative (Conservancy liaison)
Reports from Ombudsman
Any reports from project teams, Google Summer of Code
James says everyone is doing well. Groups are not cross-pollinating.
Every student passed their first evaluation.
Devin and Caryl 1023 Job Report
- 1023 Status
- Finding a new lawyer -- how is that going? (Kyle says he cannot do it because of time constraints.)
Two problematic areas in our "Brief History of SL" related to language.
Walter and Devin will work on the "Brief History of Sugar Labs" after this meeting.
James and Ibiam Sugar Activity Job Report
Met for 30 minutes. Not yet agreed on a plan.
Ibiam has been feeling sick and has just started feeling better.
Each One Teach One
Similar to Google Code-in. Not a contest, but involves kids of a similar age.
See www.eachoneteachone.is for more information.
Lionel shows "Mind Math" activity. Can be tested at https://dev.sugarizer.org
Students can compete with other users.
Devin demonstrates Aviral's work on movable do for when students are inputting their code.
Bug fixes. Tests. Translations and other clerical work.
Vote on Today's Meeting Minutes
Minutes unanimously Approved by all SLOBS present
Time and Place of Next Meeting
Meeting on 2020-08-05 at 20:00 UTC on IRC.
Agenda to be published at https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2020-08-05 (then overwritten with the minutes at meeting)
Motion to adjourn the meeting has been approved.