Summer of Code
Sugar Labs has been accepted for Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2017.
Important GSoC 2017 Dates and Deadlines
- February 9, 2017
- Organization Application Deadline
- February 27, 2017
- Organizations Announced
- April 3, 2017
- Student Application Deadline
- May 4, 2017
- Student Projects Announced
See GSoC Timeline for more details from Google.
We look forward to accepting your contributions to support the use of technology in education. Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is "a global program that offers student developers stipends to write code for various open source projects."1
How to Participate
|As a student||As a mentor||By contributing ideas|
| The most important job of all! Sugar Labs is looking forward to your contribution. To begin, we strongly recommend orienting yourself with the Sugar Labs code base. Be sure to visit http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/.
Please add a summary of your proposal to the wiki on a page called:
where Proposal_name is the name of your proposal.
You can use this proposal template. (If you are applying to Outreachy, you may use your Outreachy proposal.) Be sure to explain what you want to do, why it is important, and evidence that you can do the work proposed.
Also, be sure to discuss the details of your proposal with members of the Sugar Labs community.
You also need to apply on the Google Summer of Code website.
|You can directly benefit a new software developer's coding competency and confidence levels while contributing to Sugar Labs and developing your own first-line management skills.||Here you can look for more development ideas –|
Sugar Labs GSoC Contact
Need help? Contact Walter Bender. He's responsible for,
- Maintaining this wiki page for the summer 2017 GSoC season (Feb 2017 - Sep 2017),
- Coordinating SL's application to the GSoC program as a mentorship organization,
- Recruiting mentors,
- Recruiting applicants,
- Selecting applicants,
- Supervising mentors, which largely entails making sure mid-term and end-of-summer reports are handed in on time,
- Interfacing with the Sugar Labs Oversight Board members to deal with collection and distribution of funds from Google
To request a Sugar Labs wiki account, please submit a preferred user name and an email address to: systems at lists dot sugarlabs dot org.