Tutorials/Installation/Install with netinstall
From Sugar Labs
Netinstall of Fedora with the Sugar Desktop Environment
This installation is suitable for 4 GB or greater USB sticks, or hard disks. Download links:
(Addition downloading will be needed during installation.)
- Burn to CD
- Boot from the CD:
Basic Storage Device
- (Leave it alone, or choose a name for your installation host.)
- Enter it twice.
Hard Disk Install
- Use All Space - (Shown in screen-shot). This will delete all data and preexisting operating system from the machine.
4 GB USB stick install
- Use "Create Custom Layout"
- Choose the USB device as a target and format it as / ext4 filesystem with no swap space for a 4 GB USB stick install.
- (USB sticks will just get worn out more rapidly with a swap file.)
Write Changes to Disk
- Important, check this box.
Choose Sugar Desktop Environment
- Uncheck GNOME Desktop Environment - Unless you want it to install also.
- Check Sugar Desktop Environment.
Select Optional Packages
- Click Optional Packages.
- Choose extra Sugar applications to install.
- Click Next.
- Install begins.
- This may take a bit of time as software components are downloaded from the Internet.
- Install completed.
- When you reboot you will proceed to a "FirstBoot" series of questions and then Sugar will start.