I'm Yifan Sun. I work with the F.W.Olin OLPC chapter in Needham, Mass. as software person and driving puppet. I'm interested in all things electrical/computer engineering, and have been excited about OLPC since I first heard about it in high school. I'd like to see what I can contribute software-wise to the project, and thereby learn from OLPC what goes into good development.
- Modify Abiword so that Write has instant spell-check and mouse-over dictionary lookup for many languages.
- Either produce an activity or modify Write so that it has features like NJStar, an Asian word processor that allows for pinyin input and mouse-over dictionary lookup for any common phrase.
- Simple education games, similar to those provided by neopets
- Hearing your ideas!
You can view our [chapter wiki http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Olin_university_chapter] to see some of the projects we do, and communicate with our other members. Some things I'm interested in from a software leader point of view is
- how to quickly teach programmers how to program for the xo
- how to make ideas become reality in the midst of mounds of homework
Please discuss your experiences with me!