Activities/Turtle Art/Tutorials/Turtle Art Code for Turing Machine
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Turtle Art Code for Turtle Art Turing Machine
Click thumbnails to see full-size code blocks.
- The Start action is the main procedure
- The Setup action defines and initializes variables, and sets the orientation of the turtle
- The Program action followed by the stack1 action writes the program table line by line. This is divided in two so that the segments fit in the Turtle Art workspace. Users who understand Turing Machine programming, or have other example Turing Machines to test, can edit this.
- The Tape action writes the initial tape. User can change values in repeat statements to change arguments.
- The Execute action repeats reading out the next program step until the halt state is reached.
- The ToTape action moves the turtle to the current cell on the tape. Startup default is cell 1.
- The ToProgram action moves the Turtle to the beginning of the current program row to execute. Startup default is row 1
- The WriteCell action writes the current color to the current cell, and moves to the next cell to the right
- The WriteSymbol action writes the current color in the current cell without moving
- The ReadPixel action reads the RGB values of the pixel under the Turtle, and puts them on the stack. It then pops the results and stores them in the variables R, G, and B.
- The SetValue action finds the value of the current cell's symbol from RGB numbers provided by ReadPixel.
- The SetMove action reads the next Move direction from a program table entry in column 1.
- The SetSymbol action reads the next Symbol to write from a program table entry in column 2.
- The SetState action reads the next State from a program table entry in column 3.
- The NewCell action moves the head (the Turtle) left or right, and sets the cell number for the new location
- The Log action writes Step number, Symbol, Move, State, Cell number on a new log line in black, saving and restoring the current Symbol color.