Difference between revisions of "Activity Team/Getting Involved"
Revision as of 15:28, 17 March 2009
Join the Activity Team
The Activity Team is newly formed and we are seeking members.
If you would like to join:
- Create a User page on wiki.sugarlabs.org if you have not already.
- Copy your SSH public key into your User page.
- Add a link to your User page to ActivityTeam/Contacts.
- Send an email introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an independent developer who is interested in working on a Sugar activity, please introduce yourself and your project in an email to email@example.com.
If you'd rather just start coding right now, it's easy to do!
- Check ActivityTeam/TODO for ideas to work on. To start small, pick an Activity Feature Request. If you'd rather work on something harder, try one of the High Impact Tasks.
- If you haven't already set up Sugar, see ActivityTeam/Resources.
- Clone the Git repository for the project you picked and register it with Sugar.
git clone <project_url> cd project_name python setup.py dev (Ctrl-Alt-Erase to restart Sugar)
- Hack on the source code.
- Create a patch file containing your changes.
git commit git format-patch -1
- Email 0001-My-change-description.patch to firstname.lastname@example.org.