Activity Team/Project Ideas
< Activity TeamJump to navigation Jump to search
New activity requests
Please sign these as you add them.
- A Feedback item on the Control Panel. http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/340 Wade 18:19, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
- A clock for the frame.
- Some challenges:
- suspend/resume friendly (maybe updates only on frame view and resume),
- links to the settings (control) panel to update system/local time,
- links to Clock activity for learning to tell time, to Stopwatch for timing events and setting alarms, and Time for learning more about time (which might eventually have a link to Moon). --FGrose 05:37, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- A calendar for the frame. --FGrose 05:37, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- Blogging activity for Sugar.
- Blog aggregator for a mesh network.
- Create Drupal/Wordpress sugar compatible themes and modules.
- Sugarize PiTiVi, uses pygtk and gstreamer so seems like something quite doable.
- Competitive/collaborative "trivia" activity -- there's a synchronized countdown, and then you get points for answering questions correctly and quickly. Could use groupthink for scoring, maybe share data with assimilate/memorize? Cjb 21:31, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
Activity HIG (Human Interface Guidelines)
- tweak OLPC HIG's sections alsroot 14:01, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- what screen resolution should be minimal for activities? alsroot 14:01, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- I think 1024x768 is a good minimum. is this too low?
- thats enough for desktops, but netbooks may have something like 1024x600(Eee PC 900)
- Ok, 1024x600 sounds good. I contacted Eben Eliason to ask about his involvement. Wade 21:37, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Response from Eben: No need for a new HIG but he plans to look over the regular HIG to make sure it is relevant to activities.
- Create email@example.com mailing list.
- Questionable - I tend to think additional mailing lists just add additional barriers.Wade 01:34, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- or rather, migrate http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/activities over to SL mailman
A set of widgets/classes that could be valuable for writing new activity.
Please add here your favorite pieces of code(links to files in repos) to keep another activity developers out of inventing new wheels.