There are many options for using Sugar on an Apple Macintosh Computer.
|Taste of Sugar||provides a safe read-only experience that does not alter your Mac. Get to know the Sugar Learning Platform by using it first hand. The quickest way to experience Sugar is to go here...|
|Sugar in a Window||installs to a directory on your Hard Disk. In a Window or Full Screen you can switch between Mac and Sugar instantly. Your journal is safe and remembered between restarts. Read more...|
|Sugar on Linux||Linux runs on Apple computers long after Apple discontinues support. There are many choices available for easy installation; but after first boot, their support for Sugar varies. Read more...|
pick a flavor:
- Strawberry v1 for intel processor
- Blueberry v2 for intel processor
- Mirabelle beta for intel processor
- Linux for powerPC processor
Other ways to get Sugar on your Mac
Sugar on a Stick loaded USB devices should run on Intel Macs. Follow these instructions every time you wish to use your Sugar on a Stick device on an intel Mac:
- Boot the Mac with the boot-helper CD
- interrupt the boot sequence
- edit the kernel parameters
vmlinuz0 initrd=initrd0.img root=LABEL=FEDORA rootfstype=iso9660 rw liveimg overlay=LABEL=soas-2-blueberry quiet rhgb selinux=0
- continue the boot.
- Download the boot helper from: http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/releases/soas-boot.iso
- Put in the boot-helper CD
- Plug in the USB
- Turn on the Mac
- At the chime press the "C" key
The Mac should boot first from the CD then from the USB device. As of 12 April 2009, this is experimental. Let us know what results you get.