Sugar on a Stick QA
This page is for QA activities related to Sugar on a Stick. We are currently testing the v.4.0 Mango Lassi release, so this page is a work in progress and may be rough.
How to add a test result
Copy-paste the template below to another line at the bottom of the #Test results table.
|- | <!-- nightly build number --> | <!-- tester's SL wiki username --> | <!-- does it boot? --> | <!--Neighborhood? --> | <!-- Browse --> | <!-- Etoys --> | <!-- Chat --> | <!-- Terminal --> | <!-- Turtle Art --> | <!--IRC --> | <!-- Log --> | <!-- Write --> | <!-- Record --> | <!-- Physics --> | <!-- Read -->
Add results for each of the #Smoke tests as follows:
| <!-- name of test --> style="background: lime" | yes | <!-- name of test --> style="background: orange" | partially working (comments go here) | <!-- name of test --> style="background: red" | not working (describe failure)
|Nightly build||Tested by||Boots?||Neighborhood?||Browse||Etoys||Chat||Terminal||Turtle Art||IRC||Log||Write||Record||Physics||Read|
|20100429.16.iso||Mchua||yes||with telepathy-gabble update||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes, but no book files to open|
|RC3/Spins/Fedora-13-i686-Live-SoaS as 2GB USB||satellit||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes-2 way with xo-1 & Blueberry||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes-2 way with xo-1 & Blueberry; colors and fonts working||yes but no sound on some netbooks||yes||Broken-Not included|
|soas-i386-20100611.15.iso (rawhide) as 4 GB USB||satellit||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes-Turtle Blocks 88||yes||yes||yes||yes but no sound on some netbooks||yes||Broken-Not included|
|Fedora-14-x86_64-Live-SoaS.iso F14 Final Release Soas_v4_Soas_Boots_on_Mac_Air||satellit||yes bugzilla#649013||yes SL#2483SL#2395||yes 119||yes 116||yes 68||yes 31||yes Turtle Blocks 100||yes 6||yes 24||yes 71||yes 66 but no sound on some netbooks||yes 5||Broken not included fix coming|
- Boot: TestMatrix Does it boot? Can you choose a name and colors, and navigate through the Neighborhood/Friends/Home/Journal screens?
- Neighborhood? Can you get on Jabber and see other Sugar users in your Neighborhood? (This also implies that your wifi or wired Network Connection works.)
- Activity tests: For each Activity, the following criteria must be met:
- The Activity starts from Home view.
- You can perform a basic action in the Activity (for instance, loading a webpage in Browse, or joining a channel with IRC, or typing some words in Write.)
- The Activity can be stopped via the button in the Frame.
- The Activity session is saved in the Journal.
- The Activity can be shared with other Sugar users in your Neighborhood.
- Collaboration Test Reports: Collaboration
- Activities tested to be compatible with Mango Lassi Activity Testing