Talk about what you want or don't want in the project here.
Want to keep
anything you like that's already in it and you want to keep, put it here
Want to add
insert what you want to be added here
Want to remove
if you don't want it in there tell me
talk about things like whether or not it will be useful as a whole here
anything that you want to say that doesn't fall into the above categories
Design & Prototype comments from User:Wade
- I'd like to suggest a name for this activity: "Pop Quiz".
- The 1st screen is what the teacher would see, and have the opportunity to input a question, an answer, as well as the maximum time the students will have to answer. Then they would click send/submit and the students would recieve the question on their screens.
- This screen is very straightforward and nicely done. However, I think the format should be multiple choice. Text answer/response is way too slow and inaccurate. The teacher should be able to provide several answers to choose from (e.g. multiple choice). The question and answers should be able to be text, a picture (imported from the Journal) and/or sound. It should be possible to create a sequence of questions offline and save them to the Journal (with the pictures and sounds included in the Journal bundle).
- The 2nd screen is what the student would see after the teacher submits a question. The teachers question is displayed as well as a timer and a space for an answer. When the timer runs out, an answer is submitted regardless, otherwise the student can just input an answer and send/submit it.
- This is screen is also well done. In multiple choice, the user should just have to click on the right answer.
- The 3rd and 4th screens are both for the teacher. The 3rd screen is the general statistics of the class: Percent that got it correct, the number of students that selected each answer, the average time it took them to answer. The 4th screen is a representation of the class room organized by the name of the XO per student. The teacher can hover over the XO symbol to see the XO's name immediately, and if they continue to hover over it (like in the XO user interface) more information about that particular XO will be displayed such as what answer was selected, and the exact time it took them to answer.
- I feel that these screens need to be redesigned. First, eliminate the third screen - this information could be a small box at the bottom of the fourth screen. On the fourth screen, the XO images hide critical information. You should display a grid with the XO's name and answer, highlighted based on whether the answer was correct or incorrect. There should be no clicking or hovering required by the teacher.
- Finally, there should be a button for the teacher to "end" the quiz. This will show the teacher final percentages for each student and the class as a whole, and will show each student their complete list of right and wrong answers and percent right.
If you need help figuring out how to code this activity in Python, let me know!
Best, Wade 17:27, 26 October 2009 (UTC)
If you need any help contact/email Alex Jones email: email@example.com