Translation Team/Add language
Jump to navigation Jump to search
N.B. Langpacks are not currently available
New languages can be easily added by following the steps below.
- First download the setup file for your langpack from pootle
- You can download directly in XO or copy it from your computer to your XO.
- After this open terminal(I prefer virtual terminal by pressing Alt+Ctrl+F2).
- Run the setup file with sudo.
- For example to add missing Hindi language I'd download http://pootle.sugarlabs.org/langpacks/0.94/hi_lang_pack_v2.sh and run the command sudo hi_lang_pack_v2.sh
- After this open the file /usr/share/sugar/extensions/cpsection/language/model.py for edit.
- Under the function read_all_languages() you'll find some lines like "locales.append(('Pashto','Afganistan','ps_AF.utf8'))
- Add similar line for your language. For Hindi it would be locales.append(('Hindi','India','hi_HI.utf8'))
- Note that 'Hindi' and 'India' can be anything you want it to be displayed in language drop down menu. 'hi_HI.utf8' must be the correct code for your langpack.
- Now save the file and restart sugar.
- You should find your new language in settings -> Language.