This is a general feature encompassing several details in integration with regular expected behaviour by a X11 FreeDesktop compliant shell and applications. This includes:
- Support for launching GTK3 Sugar Activities outside Sugar (initial work done).
- Support for launching GTK2 Sugar Activities outside Sugar.
- Support for launching Sugar Web Activities outside Sugar.
- Support for displaying X11 icons in frame (previously done).
- Support for launching Linux Apps from .desktop files.
- Email: sebastian [at] sugarlabs.org
- Targeted release: 0.110
- Last updated: Sebastian (talk) 02:40, 17 April 2016 (EDT)
- Percentage of completion: 50%
I believe will help adoption and testing of Sugar Activities.
Benefit to Sugar
Sugar will be come more compatible by implementing these features.
Smaller. No change for regular users.
No design required so far.
How To Test
Try initial pull request: https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/pull/315
We gain many potential users of Activities.
We still need sugar-datastore.
Completed parts can be included in each release. Might take long for details.
In this release it becomes possible to run Sugar activities outside the Sugar shell by using the sugar-activity command.
Comments and Discussion
- Discussion to be held.