Wiki Team/Wiki Gardening Weekend 2016
- Fix wiki account creation, making it a manual process by the Members team
- Look at loomio for voting
Kill all spam accounts (cf. Special:NewFiles showing recent spam uploads...) Review Wiki_Team/Roadmap
- Review User profiles and add them to the www-sugarlabs repo (Avni)
Review Special:ListUsers/bureaucrat Review Development Team/Release/Modules Point to github source.
- Review Activities/Activities_needing_documentation
- Review Features to clearly mark which features already implemented; which features have been rejected.
- Review Activity Team (lots of obsolete references and no JS activity references)
- Review Getting Involved (make it relevant to Sugar in 2016)
- Review Education Team (make it relevant to 2016 realities)
- Review Special:BrokenRedirects, Special:DoubleRedirects, set up redirects for Special:WantedPages where possible
- Review Special:LonelyPages, Special:AncientPages, Special:ShortPages, Special:DeadendPages, Special:FewestRevisions, and mark all as deprecated
- Review Special:ProtectedPages and confirm they should all be protected
- Categorize all uncategorized templates, Special:UncategorizedTemplates
- Deduplicate files Special:ListDuplicatedFiles
- Find any archived/backup copies of the files in Special:WantedFiles
- Update the blue 'top bar' in the wiki (MediaWiki:Sitenotice)
- DC suggests consolidating http://pe.sugarlabs.org/ir/ back into the central wiki as a subpage section; and graduating its core content to http://www.sugarlabs.org/es
- Walter will contact the Sugar Labs DC teacher to see if it is still active
- 3034 Update SL bar
Accomplish by editing http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/MediaWiki:Sitenotice
- 3047 Adopt SL bar on translate.sugarlabs.org
Activity_Team role needs some love, with the migration off of a centralized git-based repository Gitorious to diverse GitHub repos has to some extent decentralized a developer and localizer community that previously had a common point of contact.
- Who adopts Activities stranded in Gitorious?
- How to provide the best linkage for Activity feedback from less-sophisticated users back to developers/maintainers?
- Translation_Team needs direct channels and responsive maintainers to advance i18n and L10n.
It would be highly desirable to develop a template for an activity page. It should have a box/table that displays all of the information contained (or that should be contained) in the activity.info file.
Can we get wiki pages created for these activities?
- Activities/FollowMe Butia - http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4368
- Activities/SimpleGraph merge with Activities/Chart (identical?)
Can we identify the activities referenced in these wiki pages with a package in ASLO?
- Activities/Buscaterrones ??
- Activities/Count My Steps
- Activities/Hello Mesh
- Activities/PyCut - https://github.com/jflory7/PyCut
- Activities/Smile - http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4210
- Activities/SoaS Loader - is not in ASLO, https://github.com/inkyfingers/SoaS_Loader
- Activities/SoaS Writer - is redirected to Activities/SoaS Loader
- Activities/SocialCalc - http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4084
- Activities/Thumbs View in Journal
- Activities/TransBot - https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/transbot.git
- Activities/VLC - No, method is rpm --import
Chris Leonard User:Cjl would like to respectfully request editorial control over the Translation Team Translation_Team branch structure. I have some major work to do and it is going to be easiest to use wiki markup in the editing process. This is a very small portion of over all wiki content.
- As an administrator, you have full editing rights. (Wiki page protection is limited in resolution to wiki group membership.) --FGrose (talk) 22:35, 20 April 2016 (EDT)
- Indeed, the request is a formalism, not an admin action request, as B'crat, I can pretty much do as I please on the wiki :-) --cjl