From Sugar Labs
Where to Describe Bugs & Problems
- Communicate directly with the Development Team's work ticket system by using the Sugar Labs trac instance to report bugs you find with Sugar on the various distributions.
- Problems registered in the trac database become work tickets to which you may subscribe, have comments appended, titles changed, log files or screenshots attached, links included, and more.
- The tickets are reviewed periodically by the BugSquad and so get more Development Team attention than a report in the wiki or on a mailing list, but are not as broadly announced as with a mailing list post.
- To get broad community attention to a problem, prepare a trac ticket AND announce it with a link to the trac ticket page in a posting to sugar-devel AT lists.sugarlab.org (or, if OLPC XO-1 hardware-specific, to devel AT lists.laptop.org). Register your email address at http://lists.sugarlabs.org/listinfo/sugar-devel or http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel to avoid delays in acceptance of your posts.
- In your report, please include background information on your version of Sugar and any links that might be helpful for those investigating the problem.
- See BugSquad/Bug Report for reporting guidance.
- You may also report your hardware profile and upload log files as described in BugSquad/Get Logs.
- You may want to review Sugar Labs/FAQ for some common questions, and Category:Testing for other testers' reports.
Email sent to feedback AT sugarlabs.org will be forwarded to the IAEP mailing list, which is used for general discussion of the Sugar Labs education project.