The mission of the oversight board is to ensure that the Sugar Labs community has clarity of purpose and the means to collaborate in achieving its goals. (See Sugar_Labs/Governance)
The Oversight Board
The current oversight board members are:
- slobs AT lists.sugarlabs.org - A private list for the Oversight Board members; all emails that do not ask to be private (or are not obviously intended to be private) will be forwarded to the publicly archived IAEP list.
- ombudsman AT sugarlabs.org - A neutral party with whom anyone (member or non-member) may consult privately. The ombudsman will report to the Oversight Board and the community each month that a consultation occurs. Bert Freudenberg is Ombudsman.
We meet on IRC at 19:00 UTC on the first Friday of each month (irc.freenode.net #sugar-meeting).
Friday, 2016-12-02 at 19 UTC
Email slobs at lists dot sugarlabs dot org to propose a topic queue to be brought up.
Please contact an oversight-board member to add topics to be considered for the meeting.
- Report from the i18n manager;
Minutes and logs from previous meeting can be found at Oversight Board/Minutes.
Board actions and decisions are found at Oversight Board/Decisions.
Additional roles within Sugar Labs
The Oversight Board is responsible for appointing delegates with executive functions. Any Sugar Labs member can be appointed by the board. Existing delegates include:
Coordinators are appointed independently by each SIG.
The Oversight Board appoints one of its members as a liaison to each SIG.
Former Board Members
We'd like to thank the follow former board members for their contributions:
- Marco Pesenti Gritti (2008–2009)
- Greg Dekoenigsberg (2008–2009)
- David Farning (2008–2009)
- Tomeu Vizoso (2008-2010)
- Bernie Innocenti (2008-2011)
- Aleksey Lim (2008-2012)
- Chris Ball (2008-2012)
- Sean Daly (2009–2010)
- Mel Chua (2009-2011)
- Sebastian Silva (2010-2012)
- Gerald Ardito (2013–2014)
- Daniel Francis (-2015)
- Chris Leonard (-2015)
- Gonzalo Odiard (-2015)