Oversight Board/2010/Meeting Minutes-2010-02-05

From Sugar Labs
Jump to: navigation, search

In attendance:

SLOB members: walter, tomeu, seandaly, mchua, canoeberry, cjb

Some community members (including lfarone) attended the meeting.

Agenda

  1. Trademark policy
  2. Google Summer of Code
  3. Goals for 2010

Trademark

See [1].

Action: cjb and SeanDaly will draft some new TM and run it past the community for review.

We also discussed several new requests, such as a request from Paraguay (PYEDU) for a formal collaboration. Everyone was in favor of such a collaboration and we hope to ratify the TM policy sooner than later in order to proceed.

Google Summer of Code

We discussed the merits and liabilities of hosting a GSoC program and decided that the benefits (community growth) outweigh any downside (distraction to key developers). Tim McNamara has volunteered to help run the program. We still need additional team members.

Action: Walter to be more aggressive about assembling a team for GSoC

Goals for 2010

We discussed our goals and made some preliminary refinements, particularly in reference to defining our goals for Sugar 1.0.

Action: Everyone will review the Goals for 2010 for next time.

Next meeting

Friday, 19 February 2010 16:00 UTC (Note: We will again be meeting one hour later than usual.)

Log

Meeting Log