- 1 Finding help
- 2 Setting Wiki Preferences
- 3 Sugar Labs Wiki Guide
For general help with Sugar, please see
→ Sugar Labs FAQ, for a compilation of the team FAQs
→ Category:FAQ - an index to all FAQ pages (with links for new questions)
→ Category:Help, for pages tagged as 'Help'
→ Category:HowTo, for pages tagged as 'HowTo'
→ Service - an index to Sugar Labs infrastructure services
→ Community Forums - on-line forums with lots of topics
If you can't find your answer, please request one or supply one!
OLPC Project and XO laptop Help and Information
For general help and information about the OLPC Project, please see these links at their wiki:
- Official OLPC FAQ, OLPC:Support FAQ, for questions about the XO laptop and its use, OLPC:Support, for more support mechanisms, OLPC::Category:OLPC FAQ, and Ask OLPC a Question (in roughly that order).
Setting Wiki Preferences
Visit your preferences page to adjust a variety of viewing and editing options for the wiki.
- If you prefer not to experience the Sugar cursors, see Wiki Team/Resources/Remove Sugar Cursors.
Sugar Labs Wiki Guide
The Sugar Labs wiki is a standard installation of MediaWiki software for collaborative website building.
- For a video introduction to wikis, see http://www.commoncraft.com/video/wikis.
- See also wikipedia:Wiki.
- Recentchanges, a Special:Specialpages that tracks page changes.
- Allpages, another Special page.
- Overview - A generic wiki overview
- Page Creation - Guidance on creating pages on this wiki
- Style Guide - Writing style and conventions that are encouraged on the wiki
- Wiki Structure - Sugar Labs wiki organization
- Editing Pages
- Category:Video Widget - How to embed videos
- Category:Page flagging template - How to flag pages in special categories
- Category:Highlighting template - How to highlight information on pages
- File Upload
- User Links
- hover text/tip - [[Target Link|<span title="Any hover text">Displayed Link text </span>]]
- hover explanations, such as, abbr are encoded like this:
- Interwiki Linking
- Collapsible content
- Patrolled Edits
- Namespace searching through AllPages
- Create documented process for requesting sysop priv, for now model on OLPC:Administrators
Administrative privs are generally granted based on a need to use them to do "something good" for the wiki. At present, this is accomplished in a fairly informal manner, leaving a message on the discussion page or contacting one or more bureaucrats via wiki-mail would be a good place to start.
The best way to get involved in the wiki team is to monitor new content as it is added through the Recent Changes link in the Sugar Labs menu. Check to see:
- Is the new information correct?
- Is the new information in the correct place?
- Should the new information be merged with an existing page?
- Wiki-barnraising, harmonization of familiar and useful templates, plug-ins, extensions (e.g. traclink,etc.) from OLPC wiki.
- It would be good to get some countervandalism software (bot) running. User:Cjl has done some analysis of the vandalism (and countervandalism) actions on wiki.l.o and is interested in coordinating an effort that would cover both wikis with some automated countervandalism tools
Pages under construction
- To aid collaborators, please use the Template:Under construction to signal that the page content is not stable and to avoid unintentional overwriting.
- Category:Under construction will show pages in this state
- http://wiki-devel.sugarlabs.org is set up for experimentation (Installed on Sunjammer at /srv/www-sugarlabs/wiki-devel/)
- http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org is set up for testing (Installed on Sunjammer at /srv/www-sugarlabs/wiki-testing/)
Synchronize plug ins and templates
- Trac related
- Semantic MediaWiki
Other Community Wikis
Example of how other communities are using their Wikis.