Updated: 2011 September 07 IAEP posting
- Monitor Sugar Labs community communications to learn of potential wiki content or service improvements.
- Monitor Sugar Labs' and collaborators' wikis contents for potential improvements.
- Address #tickets.
- Investigate inter-wiki searching options that would allow for joint searching of Sugar Labs and collaborator wikis.
- Seek collaboration on better separation and joining of information between collaborator wikis, i.e.,
- Seek more ways to automatically embed integrative links on mailing list posts, patchwork, gitorious, bugs, doc, translate, etc. products so Learners can easily navigate to the source.
- What does the team see as its constraints from being more successful in its Mission?
- Technological complexity
- Complexity of organizing information
- What are we doing to try to resolve the constraint?
- Maintain quality of information and service.
- Watch for prime wiki applications where thresholds are low and ceilings high.
- What can Sugar Labs 'central' or the community do to help?
- Promote greater documentation and interlinking of information.
- Attract more participants by public discussion.
Tickets entered, pending completion
- Follow up on marking pages on w.lt.o as migrated.
- See open bugs for the remaining open bugs.
- Install mediawikiwiki:Extension:NewArticleTemplates for easier new page editing support for new and experienced users. (Lower floor and raise ceiling.)
- include separate subpage template
- investigate to determine if the Mediawiki:NewArticleTemplate could include a template parameter that would default to Mediawiki:NewArticleTemplateDefault, but allow an arbitrary NS_MAIN page to be called for customization.
- If you want a button to "create a new page", you can use Extension:Inputbox See example at olpc::Testing_meetings. -- Skierpage 17:16, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- Consider embedding Nabble's Sugar Forum to provide a mailing list forum environment on the wiki.
If and when wiki.sugarlabs.org has a lot of information that can be displayed, queried, and summarized in multiple places, the olpc:Semantic MediaWiki extension is the way to represent it. As of March 2009 it's unclear if there is a compelling use case for it.