Wiki Team/Guide/File Upload
From Sugar Labs
- Files which do not contain images may be uploaded with the same upload page used to upload images (which is at Special:Upload). There is usually a link to this called Upload file or image in the toolbox area of the sidebar to the left of every page.
- Please be sure to fill in the "Description" field for every file you uplode. Specify both the contents and purpose of the file, as well as the author(s), especially if you are not one of them.
- Please do not upload files which cannot be freely distributed due to copyright restrictions.
- To create a link to an uploaded file use the "File:" pseudo-namespace. The syntax is like this:
- As with other links you can also specify alternative text for the link after a "|", as in this example:
[[File:LIGO-I2U2.ppt|Eric's talk at West Point]]
- The allowed file types are pdf, .doc, .ppt, and xls. We can easily add something else if there is a need for it.