Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Rahul Bothra
Hi everyone, I am Rahul Bothra (pro-panda).
- Active code contributor; also working on Port to Python 3 project
- Code reviewer and activity maintainer
- GSoC' 18 student and GCI' 18 mentor
I am excited by our goals and our potential, but I am also concerned that we are functioning in an inefficient manner.
Currently in the SLOB meetings,
- A lot of the members are inactive. They don't attend the SLOB meetings or reply to motions, crippling our progress.
- We don't have a concrete plan of our goals. We try to cover a lot of breath in our efforts, and end up working on things which are not related to our goals (eg: Sugar Social)
- We drag work for a lot of time, (eg: ASLO v3) a direct result of inactive mentoring and checks during GSoC
- Lack of concern about the number of developers working on Sugar and its activities. We are failing in attracting new consistent developers for it, despite being a popular organisation in the Google programs.
- The selection of mentors and organisation admins for Google programs is a closed process.
What I will undertake once elected:
- Attend every SLOB meeting regularly
- Revamping how we conduct GCI and GSoC to attract more contributions as well as improve the quality of mentoring; making sure we prioritise tasks which are more important to us, adding more checks before adding developers, grooming of every task / project before it is added / selected.
- Make a clear roadmap of our goals for the next 2 years in each domain of code, outreach, design and content. Start towards implementation of those goals according to priority.
- Make sure everything (except any decision concerning only the board) are taken publicly and in an open environment