There are to be four (4) Oversight Board slots to be elected for the 2018-2020 period, currently held by Walter, Adam, Lionel, and Sameer.
There is one (1) additional slot to be elected to fill after the resignation of Ignacio.
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Alex Perez
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Amaan Iqbal
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Anmol Mishra
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Devin Ulibarri
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Ibiam Chihurumnaya
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/James Cameron
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Jaskirat Singh
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Lionel Laské
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Rahul Bothra
- Oversight Board/2018-2020-candidates/Walter Bender
Instructions for Candidates
Candidates must create a Wiki entry at Candidates above, one entry per candidate, sharing their vision and motivation.
Candidates must read and understand the terms of the Software Freedom Conservancy Fiscal Agreement, because these bind our behavior as Sugar Labs Oversight Board and all our internal policies and procedures as a Project and as an organization.
Among other terms, please note the Project Management, Communications and Activities terms in the agreement provide that:
2.1. The Oversight Board Will Manage the Project.
2.2. The Project Will Be Free Software.
6. Representation of the Project in Conservancy: The Representative will have the authority to instruct Conservancy on the Project’s behalf on all matters.
The terms contemplate that the Oversight Board elects a single individual to communicate with Conservancy (the “Representative”) and shall notify Conservancy promptly following the election of a new Representative.
By publishing your candidacy above, you imply that in case you are elected a Sugar Labs Oversight board member you will honor the agreement terms.
|Stage I||November 7||Announcement of election date and first call for candidates.|
|Stage II||November 19||Reminder of election date and second call for candidates.|
|Stage III||November 30||Candidates' Wiki submissions deadline.|
|Stage IV||December 1-15||Election.|