Oversight Board/Meeting Minutes-2016-05-06
From Sugar Labs
- SLOB members in attendance
- walterbender, canoeberry, tony37
- Community members in attendance
- davelab6, icarito, cjl, samsongoddy, kaametza, Ibiam, elih, noemu
We did not have a quorum so we were not able to vote on any of these motions.
- Motion to pay for laboratoriosazucar.org domain (See )
- Motions to create Treasurer position (See )
- Motion to do Yoruba i18n (See https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gtqpEOmDxxUYGdpbbBMlrPLQ-T6_OVnqdyAPJpaeORw/edit?usp=sharing] and )
- Motion to update the Sugar License from GPLv2 to GPLv3 (See )
- Proposal to make GSoC mentor payments to the mentors.
- Google RISE grant (See )
- Motion to adopt Vision proposal 2016
- Dave Crossfield took care of this unilaterally. It was suggested that the lead of the infrastructure team could have handled this without the need for SLOB intervention.
- Finance Manager position
- It was agreed that we need more discussion on Motion 1 (create a paid position) and Motion 2 (unilateral spending by the finance manager). We agreed that Motions 3 and 4 were ready for an email vote.
- We discussed this and will proceed with an email vote.
- We discussed this and will proceed with an email vote. (Walter will include a summary of the rationale for the change.)
- GSoC mentor payments
- It was viewed favorably in the discussion. We will proceed with an email vote.
- Google RISE
- It was suggested that local deployments apply; Adam agreed to discuss with Tony at the Conservancy how Sugar Labs might sponsor the work of local deployments that are not non-profit entities (a requirement of the grant).
- Motion to adopt the Vision proposal
- We did not discuss this topic.