Please add new questions here. (Feel free to answer questions as well and to move answered questions to the Sugar Labs/FAQ page.)
When adding a new question, please use the wiki header format as per
=== What is your question? ===
Create a new User
I installed the VirtualBox applicance version (Fedora13) and I have no idea how to create a new user. I set it up for myself and want to have the rest of the family play with their own accounts. Not sure if this is something I need to do in fedora or in Sugar. I found some tutorials mentioning "Open the Terminal App" - which I also have no idea how to do. It doesn't look like the terminal app/activity installed.
Multiple Machines on Network not distinct
I installed Sugar Bluberry on two similar (both EeePC's slightly different models) netbooks from same SoaS. Gave each unique Names and even changed their hostnames in /etc/sysconfig/network. They are both connected to same AP and set to use same Jabber server. However, the two laptops cannot find eachother in Neighborhood. In fact, they can never see the entire Neighborhood at the same time. While one sees it, the other goes blank and vice versa. How do I configure these two netbooks so that they can find and share activities with eachother?
- Not sure how you did your install, but if you inadvertently copied the user's public/private keys from one machine to the other, that would explain the behavior you are seeing. Try deleting them (they'll be regenerated at start up) from ~/.sugar/default/ --Walter 17:36, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
Changing the Resolution
_I believe this question is distinct from the one below_ Installed Sugar Bluberry on two nearly identical netbooks. One detected proper resolution of 1024x600 while other detected 1024x768 resulting in a squished UI. I tried creating my own xorg.conf (this build includes an X that automates settings detection i take it). However, I just keep bricking the netbook and reinstalling Sugar... Should I just keep trying new xorg.conf's?
- perhaps try xandr from the Terminal? --Walter 17:37, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
I have changed fullscreen mode of Xephyr into 800×600, but now how do I change the size of frames and icons?
- You can edit sugar.gtkrc and sugar/graphics/style.py to adjust the sizing parameters.
- Note that not all Sugar Activities know about resizing, esp. pygame-based Activities. We are working to improve this. --Walter 14:15, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
Some Dead Links (Not a question)
The links in the section "Does Sugar run on an ASUS Eee PC (or other "ultra-mobile" or "mini" PCs)?" are both dead. I'm afraid I don't know where they should be pointing, and I'm a bit reluctant to delete the question since I'm just a random visitor. Does anybody have current links to the referred to resources? ( http://lists.lo-res.org/pipermail/its.an.education.project/2008-May/000282.html and ftp://rohrmoser-engineering.de/pub/XO-LiveCD/XO-LiveCD_080321.pdf )
- http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2008-May/000282.html for the first.