Difference between revisions of "User:Alsroot/trash/Frame Panels"
m (moved Anal bleaching 4/trash/Frame Panels to User:Alsroot/trash/Frame Panels over redirect: revert)
Revision as of 18:01, 21 February 2010
Treat frame as a containers(upper, left, right and bottom) for predefined or custom components i.e. having GNOME panels analog in sugar.
- Targeted release: 0.88
- Last updated: Thu Jul 9 00:36:45 UTC 2009
- Percentage of completion: 0%
The major reason is to let activities like FileShare or Chat special UI representation in shell's interface. It could be also useful if user wants fast access to some activities like Journal replacements.
Any of four panels could be stuck i.e. let user see its components all time.
- rings switch
- activities list
- users list
- sources list
- network component
- notification area
Benefit to Sugar
- let users more freedom to organize sugar shell how they want
- provide to activity developers a way to integrate theirs activities to shell UI(useful for activities that work in background and requires some kind all-time-present indicator in UI)
- having stable API for panel components, activity developers have more freedom and aren't stuck to core releases e.g. Network activity/component(analog of NM widget in GNOME) could support several sugar releases and previous release sugar users will benefit from last Network component.
- previous sugar release users will benefit from last updates of predefined components as well
- affects Journal code in sugar package
- all of four frame panels could be stuck
- manage components, way to add-new/remove/move components
- components could have shell level key shortcuts
How To Test
- sugar frame as a regular GNOME panels
Existed glucose dependencies.
None necessary, revert to previous release behaviour.