Activity Team/Control Panel
There are several things to keep in mind when adding a new section to the Sugar Control panel.
- Add you code to sugar/extensions/cpsection in a subdirectory specific to your section
- Make sure to add your new section to sugar/extensions/cpsection/Makefile.am
- Make sure to add your new section to sugar/configure.ac
- Put the icon for your section in sugar/data/icons
- Make sure to add your icon to sugar/data/icons/Makefile.am
Your section subdirectory should contain a minimum of four files:
__init__.py should contain CLASS, ICON, TITLE, and KEYWORDS
CLASS = 'Touchpad' ICON = 'module-touchpad' TITLE = _('Touchpad') KEYWORDS = ['touchpad']
If you want to make the appearance of section conditional, for example, for a specific hardware architecture, then simply add a conditional as per:
if path.exists('/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/ptmode'): CLASS = 'Touchpad' ICON = 'module-touchpad' TITLE = _('Touchpad') KEYWORDS = ['touchpad']
In the above example, the path only exists for OLPC XO-1 CL1 hardware, which is the only hardware for which this particular section is relevant.