From Sugar Labs
(Redirected from Community/Distributions/Fedora)
- <===GO to Fedora 18
- released on 15 January 2013.
Fedora and the Infinity design logo are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc.
- Common Bugs: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F17_bugs
- Fedora 17 Installation Guide - Very complete
- Anaconda options
- Anaconda boot options modified for Fedora 17
- Anaconda memory requirements for Fedora 17 (08 June 2012)
- "We dropped the requirement to 512 MB. Also the 'nomemcheck' parameter was added to disable the minimum check if people really want to try installing with 384 MB or 256 MB."
Sugar Learning Environment
- packaged in Fedora
- From the Applications -> Add/Remove Software app, search for Sugar.
- Among all the packaged Activities select,
|The emulator for the Sugar Learning Environment|
- and any or all of the Activities.
- Sugar will be available in your Applications -> Education grid.
- Sugar will run in a Xephyr window (Sugar in a window) within the GNOME desktop environment. You will have full access to Sugar features, and may even run multiple instances. Networking bugs currently prevent collaboration with others in the jabber.sugarlabs.org server Neighborhood. Press <F1> to see the Sugar Neighborhood view.
- See emulator screen size adjustment.
Fedora Sugar on a Stick Spin
Sugar is pre-installed in a minimal Fedora Spin.
- A very advanced installation method also available for Debian, Ubuntu, Mandriva, openSUSE, and Gentoo.
- Sweets Usage
- Sweets Packaging
- See GNOME 3 desktop.
- "Dracut is like 98% shell scripts, so you’re gonna need to know some sh/bash to do anything with it."
- Lenovo info
- "This feature adds support for a dynamically managed firewall that is able to handle firewall changes without the need to rebuild the whole firewall. The firewall daemon manages the firewall and has a D-BUS interface to interact with clients or services, that request firewall changes."
CD boots EFI to MAC and into a PC
- no persistence when running from CD
Persistent boot USB
f17 Unity Desktop Port
- Note: Experimental
- Info: http://www.muktware.com/3961/unity-ported-fedora-using-opensuse-open-source-rocks-collaboration
- Repo: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Ayatana/Fedora_17/
|Fedora/Cinnamon desktop||Fedora/GNOME desktop||Fedora/MATE desktop|