Design Team/Proposals/Toolbars/View-Source Enhancements
Two different enhancements are proposed: adding view source for the Sugar platform and adding the ability to make a copy of an activity from the view source toolbar.
View Sugar Source
The idea is to simply add a radio button to the View Source toolbar for Sugar Source as per the figure:
Copy Bundle Code
The idea is to add a submenu Copy item that will make a local (~/Activities/) copy of an activity (with the idea in mind that the user will modify it without risking breaking the original) (See #2859 for some more details and the patch).
The new activity is renamed MyActivity and the bundle_name is renamed bundle_name_my_copy. The activity icon is also modified as per the illustration below.
Notes from 06-12-2011 design team meeting
- remove jarabe content from Sugar view source
- reset the version number on copy
- change the bundle name to bundle_name_NICK_copy
- change the activity name to NICK_activity_name
- change the activity icon name to NICK-activity-icon.svg
- make a .xo bundle from the cloned activity and copy it into the Journal
- rename Copy Button hint to "Clone"
- ACTION: manuq will revisit the modified icon design