This is a series of tutorials on working your way down through the various parts of the XO development stack, top to bottom, following the things I'm doing (as a new developer-intern) to get started. Lessons will be posted here and announced on the devel mailing list; you're more than welcome to follow along if you like. I'm trying to write the tutorials so that they can be followed by a smart 13-year-old or someone without a development/engineering background. (It'll just take a while to get through the prerequisites in lesson 0.)
If you're having trouble working through one of these tutorials, it is a bug and I should fix it, so please test them out and leave feedback and comments on what you like, what you don't like, and how they can be improved.
Mchua 11:37, 2 May 2008 (EDT)
- Lesson 0 - prerequisites - Learning how to program in Python, use the wiki, and the basics about the OLPC project.
- Lesson 1 - setting up accounts - Getting access to all the places you'll need to get help and keep track of what's going on.
- Lesson 2 - setting up an emulator - If you don't have an XO, here's how to see what it's like.
- Lesson 3 - pyGTK - Building an Activity with pyGTK.
What else would you like to see?
If there are tutorials you'd like to have written, please list them here! I'll take ideas from this list into account when making new tutorials.
- Building an Activity with pygame
- Putting a pygame Activity on the mesh
- Putting a pyGTK activity on the mesh
- Internationalizing an Activity