Fortune Hunter/Game Elements
From Sugar Labs
Home | Developer's Corner | Game Mechanics | Game Elements | Game Features | Fortune Maker™ | Dungeon Guide | Education | Media
- Arith is the protagonist of the game. Her name comes from the root of the word arithmetic. She is curious by nature and a natural explorer. Her best friend and colleague, Lytic, also accompanies her on her journey. Together, they seek to find fortune and glory and put Feren out of commission.
- Lytic is Arith’s best friend and partner. His name is derived from the word analytic. He is very adventuresome, however more cautious than his female counterpart. Feren causes plenty of trouble for these two during their journey and Lytic will stop at nothing to ensure he and Arith both make it out unscathed and richer.
- Feren is the antagonist of the game. Little is known about Feren, including age and gender. Feren’s name is derived from the word differential. It is believed that Feren may know Arith or Lytic, as Feren seems to recall personal information regarding their pasts. Feren aims to stop the two from discovering the fabled treasure and hoarding it. Dark natured, Feren is a very dangerous and devious foe. There is lots to learn about this mysterious, shady character.
- The merchant has no allegiance to anyone. The only thing he cares about is increasing the weight of his pockets. He enjoys bumping in to weary travelers and jumps and the opportunity to make a beneficial sale. He loves to cheat people who are off their game and will take advantage of many situations. Although he is a sneak, he is very handy for the protagonists, providing them with items, weapons, armor, and advice during their journey… for a substantial fee, of course!
- Standard enemies are commonly found throughout the game and vary in difficulty.
- It is unknown whether bonesprouts are animals or plants, as they grow from the ground and have the appearance of human skeletons. They cannot stand on those feet of theirs, but their body is fully functional and powerful. Bonesprouts also have a hardened exterior, making it difficult to inflict much damage.
- They may look like harmless fungi but boom shrooms can attack at a distance, firing a cloud of fast-flying spores into their target. Once enough spores make contact, it’s only a matter of time before paralysis sets in and they move in for the kill. They are also noted for their disgruntled representation of a human face.
- Ranging in size from that of a chicken to a bear, cave yetis have a lot of potential for power. Smaller ones aren’t as dangerous, but the larger ones are. When threatened, these yetis stand on their hind quarters to appear larger and use their very long and heavy claws for hammering opponents. It is said that the original abominable snow yeti was just one of these creatures defending a nest. It scared the unknowing traveler senseless.
Cave Yeti (Juvenile)
- Same in appearance as the normal cave yetis, these yetis are much larger and a whole lot more dangerous! As intimidating as their size is, they have still not reached adulthood yet.
- Ancient protectors of the dungeons, knights were once heralded as champions of the lands. Dark knights are spawned of every fallen knight who met an untimely end. They seek to destroy everything in their path.
- An ancient and extinct wolf species with a ravenous appetite. Remember wolves always travel in packs.
Dire Wolf Lord
- The alpha of the dire wolves. More vicious than the dire wolves, this wolf is stronger and faster.
- Gorgeous to look at, yes, but very dangerous to unsuspecting travelers. They aren’t terribly strong, but don’t let their size fool you. They pack quite a bit of energy in every bite and sting and should be handled with extreme caution.
- Born from the flames of scorched earth, these elementals are defenders of the world. Wherever they go, the temperature will rise by hundreds of degrees. Be warned, they have the ability to ignite almost everything.
- Cold by nature, these giants are very dangerous. They can use the power of ice to slow their enemies, making it easier for them to crush them.
- Goblins are very old inhabitants of this dungeon. They are from the ancient world and survive in secret away from the prying eyes of the world. They have evolved slightly in intelligence as they are usually depicted, but are still ruthless and primitive. They are strong in numbers, but are normally weak creatures of habit.
- These dark mages have the ability to call forth the dead to do their bidding. They are quite a sight, but keep in mind their real power lies within their minions. Defeat them as quickly as possible to stop the endless onslaught of undead they summon.
- Orcs have existed for a very long time. They live with the goblins of this dungeon and their primary asset is brute strength. They lack in intelligence and are easily tricked or deceived.
- These feisty, intelligent creatures trick their enemies by luring them with a beautiful rose-like flower sprouting from their side. Primarily targeting smaller creatures, they will not stop at the chance of larger prey. Once the roseweaver’s target is close enough, they ensnare them with razor sharp thorns mounted on strong, thick vines, constricting the life out of their prisoner.
- These enormous insects generally travel in swarms, however it isn’t uncommon to come across one straggler in combat. They are excellent at picking away at their prey’s health as they are parasitic in nature. Their real strength lies in their adulthood when they mature into Sacatetras.
- Extremely large in size, they appear to be made of unique stones with engraved symbols on them. They are very strong and have a high defense as well. Their weakness lies in their speed and agility.
- These rogues are simply skeletons with armor, making them harder to defeat. They have a wider range of attacks than most enemies, making them unpredictable. Be on your guard in all fronts when facing undead insurgents. They used to work for the undead scourge, but have since fled and survive on their own.
- They appear harmless and are usually passive, but do not like unknown foreign invaders into their habitat. They will defend their homes in numbers, though they are generally on the weaker side.
- These invisible enemies are masses of free forming energy that slightly resemble human shapes. They exist riding the wake of balanced energy that flows throughout all life and become enraged when this balance of energy is upset, taking more physical manifestations. In this state, they can be quite dangerous.
- The essence of wind, they are very strong. Wind elementals resemble tornadoes and can cause enormous pressure changes in nearby areas. They have a temper to match their erratic behavior.
- The order of wizardry consisted of masters of magic and the elements, allowing them to communicate with their surroundings and cast magical based attacks. They are skilled at their craft and extremely knowledgeable. These wizards, however, have been cut off from the growing world for far too long and have lost touch with the foundation for their order, causing them to lash out at whatever creatures they encounter. They conjure up their own food for survival while stuck in this dungeon for all eternity.
- Wizard masters are even strong than adepts with more powerful attacks and boast defensive magic as well. They are distinguished by their colorful, new robes.
- Boss enemies are usually very rare encounters in the game and offer larger rewards for defeating them. However, they are much tougher and more difficult in discovering and exploiting their weaknesses. Their mathematical principals serve as a unit overview.
- The king of all beasts found within the dungeon. It has the ability to summon lesser beasts to attack with it. The beast king is exceedingly strong and has lightning fast reflexes. It only shows itself when it absolutely must accomplish tasks itself, when minions simply will not do.
- A large creature with an angry personality. It is extremely powerful offensively. Try not to give it a chance to attack and keep an eye on those horns and teeth.
Cave Yeti (Adult)
- These fully matured cave yetis are extremely powerful and massive in size. Approach them with the utmost caution. They also have the tendency to lure cave yetis from a nearby distance to reconcile and intrusions into their habitat.
- As beautiful as this creature is, it is still a danger to travelers. This dragon holds power over the cosmos, protecting both time and space on the planet. It will only fight in self defense. It cannot be killed, but it is said defeating a celestial dragon in battle will yield an unimaginable reward that would protect anyone that happened survive the encounter. It also may grant the victor a small touch of its magical power.
- Feren is a seemingly old foe of Arith and Lytic, having knowledge of their lives. Feren is very mysterious and dark and works to oppose the two adventurers and stops at nothing to make things difficult for them, even if that means many battles first-hand. What’s he hiding?
- At last Feren reveals his true identity! He is truly fearsome. Absolute master of both magical and physical attacks, he deals massive blows to those who oppose him. Fed up with the events of story, he is ready to fight to the death. Good thing our heroes are also ready to end this, once and for all! It will take a true master of mathematics to defeat this king of destruction.
- A gigantic skua with an extra bad temper. Watch out you don't take a 'beaking' from this bird! It is rather fast and difficult to fight.
- This ice behemoth is treacherous, freezing everything in its path and fighting with relentless ice attacks. It is made of solid, thick ice, causing most physical attacks to be virtually useless. As you can imagine, this will be one very cold fight.
- Another behemoth, this time comprised of the earth. This golem is made entirely out of roots. It is generally passive by nature, but something’s not right in this dungeon. The root golem will ensnare any that seek to pass through its grotto. It can also sap the life from enemies, regenerating its own health over time.
- Only one queen to the sacaterans may be active at one time. Should multiple queens emerge, they must fight to the death. It is only the victor that can reap the benefits of ruling the sacaterans. Being a queen, sacatetra has the ability to summon minions to fight alongside her. She has many insect-oriented attacks that will leave her enemies weak and vulnerable. Her giant rock arms are heavy, sharp, piercing blades. As with all sacaterans though, the heaviness of her leaf wings make it impossible for them to be efficient fliers or make it very long distances without walking.
- Serratula is a giant spider mutant. Her many eyes gives her the ability to foresee attacks and her many legs makes her powerful and fast. She is very dangerous and will fight with every ounce of energy once she has a fresh meal in her sights. Maybe it’s best to try and avoid her lair altogether.
- The scourge is nothing short of a small, precision army of undead. Once protectors of this realm, they were outlawed for reasons unknown and desire to take revenge on all living things that they encounter. Led by a royal undead, the most dangerous type, they all fight together simultaneously to make living difficult for their enemies.
- Weapons are found or purchased in the game. They are solely responsible for improving the player’s attack power.
- A rusty, very old blade. Adds +5 attack power.
- A large, two handed sword with lots of power. Adds +15 attack power.
- An ancient sword used by warriors. Adds +20 attack power.
Sun & Moon Daggers
- These daggers are imbued with the power of the cosmos. +20 attack power. +5 defense. +5 combat timer.
- A strong and fast sword with a curved blade. +25 attack power.
- A very well built blade that is both quick and extremely powerful. It also provides a small amount of defense. +35 attack power. +5 defense.
Solar & Lunar Blades
- The shape of these blades resembles something familiar. They are of unknown original and have massive strength and good defensive capabilities. +50 attack power. +15 defense. +10 combat timer.
- Armor is found or purchased in the game. It is solely responsible for improving the player’s defensive capabilities.
- A ratty old vest made of natural materials. +5 defense.
- Thick armor made from durable material. +15 defense.
- Strong, durable leggings imbued with the essence of fire. +25 defense.
- A dark, gloomy cowl. It appears to have some sort of power. +35 defense. +5 HP.
- An incredibly strong armor set made from the essence of the stars. +50 defense. +20 HP. +5 BT.
- Accessories are found or purchased in the game. They generally add additional or unusual affects to help the player and are more rare than weapons or armor.
- A broken jewel piece with unnatural powers. +10 special attack.
- A cracked hourglass. Time itself seems to have been altered. +10 BT.
- An empty, shimmering vial with unnatural healing powers. +20 HP.
Tome of Honor
- A large book filled with useful fighting knowledge. It is said that it grants the user better offense in battle. +20% attack power.
Tome of Valor
- A large book filled with useful fighting knowledge. It is said that it grants the user better defense in battle. +20% defense.
- Items are objects found in the game that grant the user a one-time effect such as regaining lost health points. They are generally consumed after use.
- A remedy is used to regain lost health points. They are fairly common on your quest. Restores 5% max health points. Buy for 20*. Sell for 2*. Max carried 20 remedies.
- An elixir is used to regain lost health points. They refill more health points than a remedy and are less common on your quest. Restores 15% max health points. Buy for 60*. Sell for 10*. Max carried 20 elixirs.
- A high elixir is used to regain lost health points. They refill more health points than an elixir and are rare on your quest. Restores 40% max health points. Buy for 100*. Sell for 20*. Max carried 20 high elixirs.
- An panacea is used to regain lost health points. They refill more health points than a high elixir and are very rare on your quest. Restores 80% max health points. Buy for 150*. Sell for 50*. Max carried 20 panaceas.
- They said the merchant was crazy, but look at what he’s concocted now! A nostrum is used to regain lost health points after being defeated. It is automatically used on those who are about to give up their ambitions. Extremely rare to find on your quest. Restores 50% max health points when health points reach 0. Auto-use. Buy for 250*. Sell for 100*. Max carried 5 nostrums.
- A large, beautiful ruby… Sells for 500*. Also grants the barer a magic flame attack.
- A large, deep sapphire… Sells for 500*. Also grants the barer a magic water attack.
- A large, radiant emerald… Sells for 500*. Also grants the barer a magic earth attack.
- A large, shimmering diamond… Sells for 500*. Also grants the barer a magic ice attack.
- Key Items are items that are found in the game that will not be removed from the inventory after use. These items are important and usually involved in the main story line and necessary for game completion.
- This is the very same amulet Arith stumbled across during her initial dig at the start of her journey. It possesses untold energy and makes for a great reading light, as it has the ability to uncover hidden secret texts if shone on the right surface.
- A room key is important for passing through locked doors. They are hidden and scattered throughout the dungeons and must be found in order to progress to locked or hidden areas.
- A dungeon key is important for exiting a dungeon. They are hidden in each dungeon and must be found in order to progress to the next level. They are usually guarded by tougher enemies.
- Akhal are the in-game currency units. They most closely resemble golden coins with engravings of a horse and unknown language in them. They are named for a special breed of horse, known as the 'golden horse'.
- Akhal (small) is worth one akhal. They are found everywhere on your journey. +1 *.
- Akhal (large) is worth ten akhal. They are found everywhere on your journey. +10 *.
- Akhal (chest) is worth one hundred akhal. They are uncommon on your journey. +100 *.