- F1 for Neighborhood view (wireless network view), See Human Interface Guidelines/The Laptop Experience/Zoom Metaphor.
- F2 for Groups view,
- F3 for Home view,
- F4 for Activity view,
- Ctrl + 1 in the Home view to select the first home view, usually the activity ring,
- Ctrl + 2 in the Home view to select the second home view, usually the activity list,
- Alt in the Home view to start a new activity instead of resume previous,
- Alt + Tab to change between Activities,
- Alt + Space to make an activity tray invisible or visible,
- Alt + Shift + Tab to change between Activities backwards,
- Alt + 1 to make a screenshot, saved to Journal,
- Alt + Shift + f or F6 to make the Frame appear or disappear,
- Alt + Shift + o or F5 to switch to the Journal,
- Alt + Shift + m for My Settings control panel,
- Alt + Shift + v for View Source,
- Alt + Shift + h for View Help, and Social Help,
- Ctrl + c to copy to clipboard,
- Ctrl + v to paste from clipboard,
- Ctrl + z to undo,
- Ctrl + q to quit an Activity, (some old activities, other than Terminal, have a bug and ignore Ctrl + q. If you find them, please report them),
- Esc to turn off fullscreen mode in an activity, to close My Settings, View Source, or View Help dialogs.
Turtle Art Hotkeys
The Terminal activity must pass all Ctrl keys to the shell, so all the Sugar hotkeys starting with Ctrl must also have Shift pressed:
- Ctrl + Shift + c = copy to clipboard
- Ctrl + Shift + v = paste from clipboard
- Ctrl + Shift + q = quit activity
- Alt + Shift + q to quit Sugar
Emulator hotkeys work in
sugar-emulator or if the environment variable
SUGAR_DEVELOPER is defined. They do not function in
Some of the Sugar hotkeys may not work in an emulator.
- Hidden Features: The Undiscoverable
Keys that don't work but could
- Esc is not handled by the majority of activities; because they usually have no dialogs.
The olpc:Keyboard shortcuts for the OLPC XO-1.