These are reasons to use Prosody Jabber/XMPP server:
- be humble for consuming memory and CPU resources, especially for the Sugar Server Kit usecase (up to 1K users),
- jabber server should be simple to initially configure, and work in an unmaintained mode as long as possible.
These plugins are tested against the Prosody 0.8.2 version.
Provides a global roster, where every user sees all registered accounts.
In difference with the original
mod_sugar_pep allows all buddies from the sugar roster to get all notifications, even without proper subscriptions. This plugin seems to be a workaround, because subscription should be done on the client side, but that doesn't happen. The affected use case can be reproduced in the Glucose-0.88 (Dextrose-2) environment:
- Clean up
- Start XO #1;
- Start XO #2;
- Create and share activity instance on XO #2;
- Neighborhood view on XO #1 doesn't show shared activity;
- Sharing activity on XO #1, is visible from XO #2.
In over words, XO #1 is not subscribed to PEP notifications from XO #2.
This plugin should be used instead of
mod_muc until the issue is fixed in telepathy-gabble or in Prosody.
See sugar-server-templates sources for a configuration example.
- Compare Prosody resources consumption with existing ejabberd.